Are you looking for a food waste disposer? Then no problem we are here for your service. In the article, we have chosen some of the BEST Garbage Disposal. You and your family will be able to decide the suitable garbage disposal for your home.
Garbage disposal provides many advantages. We choose some of the high-quality models among hundreds of different models. It will help a person smartly to decide which one is right for their needs.
17 Garbage Disposal Reviews
The article has useful information about different types of garbage disposals. That information can be used to make a decision. The detailed discussion made on new and advanced models of the product. The Garbage Disposal Reviews, questions & answers, and feedbacks have been designed to provide in-depth knowledge to the reader of this article.
1. InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 hp Household Garbage Disposal
InSinkErator is one of the top-rated household appliance brands. They are running in the market successfully for almost 75 years. The components made with high-quality materials. Premium stainless steel used in the product. InSinkErator has the reputation of producing durable household garbage disposal.
- Patented SoundSeal Technology- The garbage disposal is virtually noise-free. No one will get disturbed while using the product anytime, whether morning or night.
- Duradrive induction motor.
- One horsepower.
- MultiGrind Technology- InSinkErator can handle anything. It has three stages of grinding technology.
- DuraDrive Technology- You can feel the power of the unit's induction motor. The outstanding performance understood by the person who has already used it.
- Quick Lock Technology- The unit comes with a unique locking mechanism — the technology used with different models and brands.
- This one hp garbage disposal gives 7-year of home limited warranty.
- Stainless steel grind chamber of 40 oz.
What we like
- Most people loved its advanced feature called a jam sensor circuit and auto-reverse grind system. The exclusive sensor automatically increases torque into 500%. It breaks any jams. The auto-reverse technology activates automatically to eliminate jam in the system.
- The components are resistant to corrosion because it made with stainless steel materials. We do not need to think about the damage caused by minerals and water.
- Evolution Excel has the manual reset button to control the overload. This convenient button resets the system for proper disposal.
What we don’t like
- The garbage disposal has a very substantial rubber collar.
The InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Household Garbage Disposer has got many positive reviews from its users. The unit is worth your penny. People recommended for buying the product. It is an excellent investment for the comfort of your home.
Excel has got the performance, and durability & It is efficient and quiet. The warranty also included by the manufacturer. So if there is an issue, it can be solved very quickly. The evolution models also include Insinkerator evolution select plus.
2. Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal
Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal can keep your kitchen and sink clean in every way. Its important grind function tackles all food scraps. This garbage disposal is energy efficient. The motor works in high-speed. The installation of the unit is simple. You can save too much space in the kitchen for its sleek design. So there will be more storage capacity under the sink. The unit is among the quietest garbage disposal found in the market. It is a well-balanced food waste disposal.
- L-8000 has a high-speed motor. It has 1 HP with 2800 RPM.
- Permanent magnet motor of the unit is sound-insulated.
- The system installation is effortless. You have to mount as kitchen sink installation.
- Cleaning is also simple. Splash-guard is removable from the unit at the time of cleaning.
- It protected with a lifetime limited in-home warranty.
- Stainless steel grind components provide longevity and durability. This Waste King is a lightweight and compact garbage disposal.
- Quickly grinds the waste. You have to activate by the wall switch.
What we like
- The power of the unit is excellent. It tears any food which has thrown in it. The L-8000 also grinds harsh ingredients like apple cores. The group eats the center within seconds. The most astounding of the Waste King is its quiet operation. It is one of the best value disposals available for its lifetime warranty. It is also among the top sellers in Amazon garbage disposal
- Durable components are stainless steel. It shreds the toughest of food waste. Glass-filled nylon and glass-filled polyester-fiberglass has framed at the housing. They are rigid, lightweight, and corrosion resistance.
What we don’t like
- You have to know the dimension of the garbage disposal to fit it under the sink. People usually worry about what size of garbage disposal they should buy. There is nothing to think about the size. The buyers measure the space and know the dimension of the product. It is essential to keep in mind the size of the product because it might create an issue.
Waste King is among the top-selling brand under home depot garbage disposal. The brand is confident about the capability and performance of its products. For this reason, they have given lifetime limited in-home warranty to its users. We think it's one of the most extended warranty services.
3. InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposal
There are households which have septic tanks. Food waste and garbage go through the drain pipes. It is better for us to check them, especially fat, grease and oil in the drain. Food carries severe waste through the pipeline of the drain. The InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist has Bio-charge technology. The Department of Health approves the unit. It has been designed to handle fat, grease, and cooking oil. Natural microorganism breaks down fat, grease, oil, starch, and protein by its enzyme.
- Quieter performance is possible for the SoundSeal Technology
- MultiGrind Technology grinds in two-stage. Any food waste can be crushed quickly.
- Grind components made of stainless steel
- The grinding chamber is 40 oz.
- ¾ Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor runs the garbage disposal
- The in-home limited warranty is for four years.
What we like
- The motor is powerful enough to handle food waste produced by four members of the family. It manages harsh scraps like fibrous foods, bones, and many others. The multi grind mechanism pulverizes garbage and prevents the clogs.
- The Evolution Septic Assist is a quiet unit. It geared with an advanced technology called SoundSeal technology.
- Exclusive bio-charge technology is made to support garbage disposal septic systems of the product. Septic system runs smoothly for the bio-charge enzyme treatment. This injection technology has the power to produce microorganisms into the Septic Assist. Thus food waste gets break down. Citrus scent removes odors from the sink and drains as well.
What we don’t like
- The Bio cartridge does not stay fixed in some cases during operation.
The dura-drive induction motor and stainless steel components made for the longevity of the unit. The warranty support is a peace of mind for all of us.
4. InSinkErator Cover Control Plus Evolution 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer
Some people look for batch feed garbage disposal. So in the review, we are discussing the only batch feed of InSinkErator called InSinkErator Cover Control Plus Evolution ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposer. In the system, the unit gets activated when its cover is on. No wall switch is needed. During the operation, you have to activate the order manually.
- There are two stages of grinding function. You grind difficult food wastes like bones efficiently.
- During operation of the unit, you will find no noise at all. It is an ultra-quiet garbage disposer.
- The garbage disposer has no vibration. It is a fully vibration-free unit.
- Stainless steel capacity chamber. The chamber is of 40 oz.
- The stainless steel components add durability to the unit.
- Garbage disposer has magnetic ‘'Cover Start'' switch. The switch gets manually activated and turns on the disposer.
- InSinkErator Cover Control Plus made with ¾ horsepower motor.
- The food disposal sink is sink mount. Easy installation and replacement are possible for sink mount system.
- Warranty service is for seven years in-home.
- The unit is a product of the USA.
What we like
- Magnetic ‘’Cover Start’’: In the inside part of the garbage disposer, you will find a built-in switch. The switch of the InSinkErator Evolution works with magnetic stopper. It is inserted and turned to turn on the disposer. You know the magnetic stopper itself is the switch. Therefore there is no need to add wall switch for use.
- Quality batch feed disposal: Customers cited this InSinkErator Cover Control Plus Evolution as one of the few high-quality batch feed disposers available in the market. It can chew a lot of food waste.
What we don’t like
- If you like to use your old unit then, in that case, the new style activator has to be changed. The stopper will not turn on in the old unit for its new system.
The unit is robust and one of the quietest batch feed garbage disposal on the market. The disposal has dampeners. It minimizes vibration and noise.
5. InSinkErator Evolution Compact ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposal
Anyone can buy garbage disposal even if their household is small in size or has less space. This InSinkErator Evolution Compact ¾ HP Household Garbage Disposal is a compact unit and made to grind harsh food wastes. Smaller families whose waste is less also can purchase the unit to run the cleaning tasks smoothly.
- In the garbage disposal, you can easily insert the problematic food scraps like bones.
- It does grinding in two stages.
- The in sink erator disposal unit is 40% quieter than a standard disposer.
- The powerful motor of ¾ horsepower.
- A vibration-free unit. You will hear no noise at all.
- The durable stainless steel used in the InSinkErator Evolution Compact model.
- The capacity of the chamber is 34.6 oz.
- The in-home limited warranty is for four years.
- Sink mount garbage disposal.
- Simple and easy installation and replacement
- Smooth operation is possible for the wall switch activation
- InSinkErator made in the USA.
What we like
The company InSinkErator makes two series of garbage disposals. One is Evolution, and the other is Badger. Badger series do not have the facility to reduce the noise level. Contrary, the Evolution series comes with SoundSeal technology. The function of the technology is to insulate the noise level. It is about 40% quieter than the Badger series.
What we don’t like
The unit contains a quiet collar sink baffle which slows the drainage of water. For solution, you contact with InSinkErator brand for getting the support.
The model upgraded with various features and functions. The size is compact, and its performance is powerful. There is no need to re-fit the waste disposal. Thus, installation is easy. The central feature of the product- ¾ horsepower motor, quiet operation than any other garbage disposal, compact size allows more kitchen cabinet space and easy installation.
6. Waste King Legend Series 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal with Power Cord - (L-3300)
In the appliance industry, Waste King is a popular name. There are many reasons for it. Waste King Legend Series ¾ HP Garbage Disposal with Power Cord- (L-3300) is a food waste disposer. It is Waste King's Legends series. The model size is also significant. Basic specification of the unit- ¾ HP motor with 2700 RPM is its top speed. Therefore, it can derive from the information that the garbage disposal can deal with different types of organic food waste, whether it is sturdy or soft.
- The Legend Series has a powerful grind. It packed with ¾ HP systems. The garbage disposal also has ‘Vortex’ permanent magnet motor.
- The L-3300 is sink mount. The unit is easy to install for its mounting system. You can quickly install the unit & the power cord also provided. You can work it with your septic tanks.
- Splash guard of the Waste King is removable from the system. As a result, the unit won't spew waste around the area.
- Ten years of warranty given with the garbage disposal. The warranty covers all types of mechanical and material defects. Lifetime warranty provided against corrosion.
- Continuous feed disposal where the unit grinds food waste continuously as it is running.
- Durable stainless steel grinds components.
- Lightweight and compact.
What we like
- The manual reset button is one of the safety features of the Waste King. It gets shut off if it detects overload or jam. Jam is rare in the unit. You quickly press the manual reset button to revert in running status. It is also among best garbage disposal 2018.
- Waste King gets activated via a wall switch or sink-mounted air switch. After finishing the task, it gets turned off.
What we don’t like
- A lot of waste is not possible to put inside the garbage disposal at a time. The rubber guard is slightly small.
Positive reviews gave about the Waste King. This L-3300 made with high-quality equipment. It will provide a long term benefit.
7. Waste King Legend Series 1/2 HP Power Cord-(L-2600) Garbage Disposal
High-quality products of Waste King have pleased many people all around the world. That Waste King Legend Series 1/2 HP Power Cord-(L-2600) Garbage Disposal has incredible performance. In the review, we will discuss some of the essential features of the unit.
- The unit has high-speed motor of ½ HP. It runs in 2600 RPM. It takes 115 volts.
- Waste King provides limited in-home warranty for 5 years.
- EZ mount allows quick and easy installation in your kitchen.
- You can clean easily for its removable splash guard.
- Corrosion free stainless steel parts.
- A wall switch activates this continuous feed disposal. The unit grinds waste with its 36 in — the power cord. The power cord included with the whole package.
What we like
- There are many things we liked about the garbage disposal-
- The garbage disposal is cheap with unique functions.
- The unit has no noise during operation.
- It is jam-free technology.
- Outstanding speed and it's capacity: The L-2600 built with horsepower magnet motor. Its ½ horsepower followed by the speed of 2600 RPM transforms organic waste into liquid. Specifications of the unit are pretty good. Horsepower motor chews the garbage like a monster. The Waste King is suitable for a small family with four or more members. The permanent engine utilizes less electricity than any other garbage disposal out there in the market. You will find no problem with solid wastes like peel or bones.
- Less sound: This Waste King is a pretty quiet garbage disposal in the market. The user of the product appreciates sound insulation technology. It has no noise. So it is an added advantage for a food waste disposer.
What we don’t like
- Waste King ½ HP is not the most powerful garbage disposal in the world. It is not that less powerful. The total unit is suitable for regular use.
The garbage disposal is too much budget friendly that has many excellent features. Its warranty service of five years in-home mechanical is excellent. Lifetime warranty for corrosion will be very much useful for the buyer.
8. Waste King L-1001 Garbage Disposal, 1/2 HP
The small family produces less food waste. They make light usage of garbage disposal. In this case, you can go with ½ HP disposal units. This Waste King L-1001 Garbage Disposal, 1/2 HP, is a better option for three to four people in a home. The disposal vanishes the kitchen waste with its strong motor.
- Permanent magnet motor spins at 2600 RPM. It is sturdy enough to shred the food waste into small pieces.
- The garbage disposal is durable for its stainless steel swivel impellers.
- This L-1001 has stainless steel sink flange and removable splash guard.
- Its three bolt mount system does mounting.
- in-home warranty facility for two years limited.
- Continuous feed disposal grinds the food waste in its running method.
- Saves space under the sink of your kitchen for it's compact and lightweight.
What we like
- Convenient small in size.
- It is a budget-friendly unit.
- Value for money.
- Easy to install anywhere for use.
- Power cord included with the whole package.
- The unit is available
- Power: Permanent magnet motor shreds the waste into dust. It also cleans it easily. The 2600 RPM grinds the leftovers very quickly for a small household.
- Installation: In the unit, there is 3 Bolt Mounting System and EZ mounting system. We mounted near the sink. Instructions about the unit and parts come with the garbage disposal. A person himself does the installation.
- Size of the garbage disposal: The garbage disposal is suitable for the people who want a small piece. It fits under any sink. Its size is smaller than many garbage disposals brands. The unit is excellent for small homes.
What we don’t like
- The level of noise: During operation, the motor vibrates and creates a light buzz sound. If you compare the unit to the old type of disposal, then it is a quiet machine.
The Waste King is a quality product. The price is also in range for the people. There is no annoying noise in the unit. It works smartly for any home that makes less food waste. Therefore the L-1001 is compact sized garbage disposal, which is an excellent product altogether.
9. InSinkErator Essential XTR 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer
InSinkErator brand makes perfect garbage disposals for the households. This InSinkErator Essential XTR 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer can manage food waste with grace. The disposal is ideal for the four to six members of a family.
We all know that the Evolution Compact is very popular in the market for a long time. It is a huge success and goodwill product for the brand InSinkErator. This Essential XTR unit is the latest version of the Evolution Compact series. They were also one of the high selling and best garbage disposal 2017.
- Satin Nickel button and the power cord included.
- The sink top switch accessories made for natural disposer function.
- Sound seal technology creates less sound during operation.
- It has two stage grind function.
- Multigrind technology properly grinds the waste.
- No clogs and jams.
- This XTR garbage disposal runs with horsepower dura-drive induction motor.
- Stainless steel grinds components of 34.6 oz.
- The manufacturer has used durable components.
- In-home limited warranty for 6 years.
- The product made by the USA.
What we like
- The best ¾ HP garbage disposal has given a better experience.
- The unit gives a much quieter performance.
- Its attachments are excellent, to be honest.
- Motor spins at 1725 RPMs.
- 2X Multigrind Technology.
- Quicker installation process: The lock given for various reasons. One of the main reasons is if someone wants to switch out from one InSinkErator garbage disposal to another, then the quick lock is used. With its help, anyone can switch out to any other garbage disposal model. All the components packed in the box of the product. We do upgrade or replacement of the disposal by twisting off the locks. In this way, we change from the old one to the new one. Stainless steel sink flange of the unit looks elegant with the steel sinks.
What we don’t like
- The rubber drain cover hole is a bit small. Its shaft is good enough to drain systematically than any other disposals.
The product has a reasonable price tag with warranty support. It is a good investment for the home.
10. Insinkerator GID-143011 Badger 5, 1/2 HP Household Food Waste Disposer
We always prefer brands which created their goodwill in the market. This InSinkErator has captured the market with its high-quality food waste disposer products. The Insinkerator GID-143011 Badger 5, 1/2 HP Household Food Waste Disposer has been manufactured in the USA. People liked the quality of the model. The model of this InSinkErator brand is getting favorite day by day. Professional plumbers always suggest the brand.
- The unit has a galvanized steel grind system, which helps in grinding action.
- Its grind chamber is 26 oz.
- Food waste disposer runs in its ½ Horsepower.
- Dura-Drive Induction Motor powers the grinding chambers.
- Manual Reset Overload is a compelling feature of the unit.
- 2 years of in-home limited warranty facility.
- This 12 hp garbage disposal average electrical usage is ¾ KWh per year.
- The lock mechanism has made it easier to remove or install a new model. It is compatible with many other units.
What we like
- Simple installation process: Quick lock components provided with the package of this InSinkErator model. Smart Lock system gives the facility to switch from one garbage disposal to another. The user has to twist to do lock or unlock in case of upgrade or replacement of the disposal. The quick lock can use for any model and brand.
- A durable unit: We are using the Badger 5 garbage disposal for more than four years. The durability of the product also depends on the user. The badger 5 garbage disposal lowes included as one of their high standard units.
- Compact in size: Our sink area is small. But we have easily installed it under the sink because of the compact unit size. This badger InSinkErator 5 model is one of the smallest garbage disposals as its dimension is 7 x 7 x 13.
What we don’t like
- The power cord varies from area to area. So the manufacturer did not include the power cord with the unit. We suggest ordering a power cord kit with the unit. You can also use other cables if it matches with the garbage disposal.
The sink disposal is affordable and budgets friendly for the users. The unit is potent, and it got high rated positive reviews in many e-commerce sites.
11. Moen GXS75C GX Series 3/4 hp Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposal systematically eliminates food waste. It helps to keep the kitchen clean and hygienic. The kitchen area needs disposal. It has many advantages and benefits. It protects from germs and prevents the bad smell from developing inside the homes. This Moen GXS75C GX Series 3/4 hp Garbage Disposal is a powerful unit for a family.
- The ¾ horsepower has equipped in the unit. The motor power is 2700 RPM. Its high-speed capacity is enough to crush any food waste.
- Vortex motor technology grinds efficiently.
- Continuous feed garbage disposal allows crushing the food waste immediately one after another. You add the scraps inside the garbage disposal, and the unit will handle it without causing any clog or jam.
- The universal Xpress mounting system has made the installation process more comfortable.
- It is a noise free unit for its SoundSHEILD. During grinding of the waste, it will not create any unbearable noise.
- Weight of the garbage disposal is 7.75 pounds.
- The dimension of the Moen garbage disposal GXS75C is 5.4 x 5.4 x 13.4 inches.
- Warranty support is for five years, which is outstanding.
What we like
- Designed with stainless steel: The Moen GXS75C made with stainless steel components. Galvanized steel used in the grinding elements and parts. The steel used in the inside part and finish materials. The garbage disposal looks premium for its beautiful black finish combining with stainless steel parts. There is less chance of rust and corrosion.
- Metal sink stopper: The unit has provided with a metal sink stopper, unlike other groups that come with a rubber stopper.
- Splash guard: Removable splash guard prevents the unit from objects that are not to dispose of. It is very convenient to use at home.
What we don’t like
- It is hard to clean the jam with a wrench. We followed the instruction manual to clean the jams.
Moen brand is a trustworthy brand. People are satisfied with the product. It is a garbage disposal for a big family.
12. Waste King 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal with Power Cord - (L-3200).
Waste King 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal with Power Cord - (L-3200) is a continuous feed operation garbage disposal. The brand is reliable among experts, consumers, and professional plumbers. It grinds very effectively & the Garbage disposal is a quiet unit.
- Waste King L-3200 is compelling for its ¾ HP motor and runs in 2700 RPM. It grinds the food waste that a medium sized family produces.
- Permanent magnet motor is sound insulated. It is also jam less.
- Compact size- 7-3/4 inches in diameter, 13-3/4 inches long and weighs 8.6 lbs
- The warranty support is excellent. It gives 8 years of in-home warranty support. The support is for any defects and corrosion.
- A power cord included with the package.
- EZ sink mount system
- Removable splash guard
- It used in the appropriately sized septic tanks.
What we like
- This L-3200 is suitable for heavy tasks
- Big space for grinding function. It saves time.
- Quiet disposal for home.
- The installation procedure of this 34 hp garbage disposal is easy and straightforward.
- Loved the warranty: I liked the long term warranty and the support system. High-end garbage disposals have provided with good years of warranty support. Eight years of in-home warranty sounds kind to all of us.
What we don’t like
- A sink flange is a plastic. The rim has a shiny chrome finish.
- Sound insulation is absent in the unit though it is hushed during operation.
The unit is the power that comes with low cost. The performance and operation of this high-end garbage disposal are similar to other powerful disposals. But the only difference is the cost. It is a perfect unit for a person who does not want to spend more bucks to get the power.
13. Kitchen Aid (84211643) KCDB250G 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
Kitchen Aid (84211643) KCDB250G 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal has manufactured in the United States of America. The manufacturer of the product has used the top level of quality control. Customers are using the Kitchen Aid KCDB250G for a very long time. They bought the model on its excellent reputation. The brand has captured the garbage disposal market with high-quality features and performance. Expert plumbers like the unit as a whole.
- Effective grinding is possible for its motor rotation speed. The motor rotates at 1725 RPM.
- This KCDB250G has ½ horsepower motor.
- Continuous feed garbage disposal.
- Quick and simple cleanup.
- The durable stainless steel used in the blade and grinding chambers.
- Safety features- rubber safety cap, splash guard, electrical switches operation, and manual reset application.
- Overload protection- The unit handles the food waste when it senses any wrong like overloading.
- Manual reset button allows resetting the disposer.
- Grinding chamber is ideal for small households and kitchen. It has 26 oz — crushing chamber.
What we like
- The model comes with noise insulation. It is a quiet garbage disposer.
- One year warranty support is enough for garbage disposal.
- The red design looks perfect, unlike other garbage disposals, which are mostly black or grey.
- The unit grinds the waste quickly.
- Kitchen Aid KCDB250G has the power to grind consistently.
- It produces a high amount of torque during operation.
- It is very robust.
What we don’t like
- The manufacturer has given the warranty for one year, which is suitable for a cheaper model like this one. But it can be more than a year though it is not a significant problem. The use is dependent upon the user.
This continuous feed garbage disposal grinds large amounts of food very quickly. The motor is tranquil. We loved the durability and performance.
14. General Electric GFC520V 1/2 Horsepower Continuous Feed Disposal Large Capacity Food Waste Disposer, Black
We must keep our kitchen clean, hygienic and shiny as much as possible. Our good health comes from food and food is prepared in the kitchen. If we keep this General Electric GFC520V 1/2 Horsepower Continuous Feed Disposal Large Capacity Food Waste Disposer, Black then it becomes easier to dispose of the food waste. In this way, we can achieve a clean household. This continuous feed garbage disposal grinds the food scraps.
- The GFC520V comes with heavy duty ½ HP permanent magnetic motor. This permanent magnetic motor runs in 2800 RPM.
- Its blade turns the food waste into particles for easy flushing — grinding blades made from galvanized stainless steel of high quality.
- The blades are dual-swivel in this sink grinder.
- Grinding blades are anti-jam.
- A considerable amount of waste disposed of for its large capacity.
- Direct wire power connection is made the unit handy.
- It is a continuous feed garbage disposal.
What we like
- The compartments made of stainless steel. There is no chance of corrosion.
- Splash guard prevents the mess of the dispensed food waste. The guard is to fit in the upper portion of the sinkhole.
- Manual reset button clears the jam when it finds any obstructions within the garbage disposal.
- Its two levels of pre-cutting application grind harder and fibrous food.
- It does not take much space under the sink.
- The weight is only 9.4 pounds, which will not disturb the pipe of the sink.
What we don’t like
- Standard sound insulation has used inside the GFC520V unit. The garbage disposal creates a little sound, not any terrible noise.
People are highly satisfied with this General Electric continuous feed garbage disposal. The unit comes with top level features at a cheap rate. The performance is very satisfactory as people had reviewed the unit. For small households, it is suitable for regular use.
15. Waste King L-111 Garbage Disposal
Waste King Brand makes different types of garbage disposals. The brand is committed to building innovative products in its garbage disposal section. The Waste King L-111 garbage disposal is one of their models. Its unique features include- 36'' power cord, space-saving design and removable splash guard. The parts of this 1 3 hp garbage disposal are rust and corrosion free. The design crafted with top quality stainless steel materials.
- The motor power of L-111 is 1/3 HP
- It spins at 1900 RPM
- Type of the unit is the continuous feed garbage disposal
- The parts made of stainless steel flange
- Its installation process is EZ mounting system
- Removable splash guard
- Its stainless steel swivel impellers do grinding
Warranty support is for two years in-home
What we like
- The unit provides 36’’ power cord.
- Simple installation techniques mentioned in the user manual
- Highly durable
- It is a cheap garbage disposal that comes with unique features and functions
- It handles overload
- Performance of the garbage disposal: The motor is ideal for regular usage at home. Its swivel impellers grind the food waste continuously. The splashing of the water or any other waste gets prevented by its removable splash guard. The stopper is handy for the user. It stops falling of nonfood items in the garbage disposal.
- The grinding chamber of the garbage disposal: Glass-filled nylon grinding chamber is suitable for continuous grinding of tough foods.
- Lightweight unit: Old garbage disposals are substantial and significant. But now people look for smart, lightweight garbage disposals for their home. This Waste King L-111 weighs 7.5 pounds with a dimension of 5.2 x 5.2 x 12.8 inches. So the model is compact and highly recommended for small families.
What we don’t like
Sometimes it becomes hard for some people to remove the rubber grommet from the garbage disposal. After using the unit for some days, it becomes easy to remove it.
Wirecutter reviews have reviewed the unit. Its 1/3 HP motor is suitable for small families. The unit requires extra maintenance and care so that it works for an extended period. There is no need to install the L-111 with a professional plumber.
16. KitchenAid Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
A garbage disposal grinds and efficiently liquefies food scraps. The KitchenAid Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal is one of the top-rated brands in the USA that produces quality garbage disposals. In the review, we will point out and discuss some of the essential advantages, benefits, and features of the garbage disposal. The information will be beneficial for a person to make decisions.
- This continuous feed garbage disposal has a red design.
- It is a medium heavy duty machine which has ¾ HP inductions motor.
- The unit processes food leftovers with its rotation speed of 1725 RPM.
- Sound seal module keeps the noise level minimal.
- This KitchenAid garbage disposal weights 19.65 pounds, which is also easy to install anywhere.
- Product dimension is 14 x 13 x 10 inches.
What we like
- The unit got good positive reviews in almost all e-commerce websites.
- Powerful motor grinds any food waste.
- It produces less sound.
- The brand ensures user-friendly policies and customer support.
- Supports and policies: A user can contact its customer support for any query or issues. The warranty support is for 5 years. The user will get help for any repair or replacement following the policies and agreement of the company.
What we don’t like
The unit is a bit pricy, but it is worth your investment. There is no power cord included with the package.
The appliance will not create any jam or clog. A user should use and appropriately maintain the disposal. This KitchenAid disposal is beneficial to remove odor and wastes from your kitchen instantly.
17. Insinkerator 1543163 Garbage Disposal 1.1 HP
In North America, the InSinkErator brand produces different models of garbage disposals according to the demand of small and big families. Insinkerator 1543163 Garbage Disposal 1.1HP is durable food waste disposers for large families. The unit is also available in garbage disposals at Lowes. Let us look at its features, pros, and cons below-
- InSinkErator Pro Series comes with 1.1 Horsepower Dura-Drive Induction Motor.
- The unit is quiet during operation. It has SoundSeal technology.
- Multigrind technology grinds food waste in three useful stages.
- It has a Jam sensor circuit application that breaks obstructions from the unit.
- Quiet collar sink baffle
- The 40-ounce grinding chamber helps to grind a massive amount of waste at a time. It saves much time in the kitchen.
- The garbage disposal is 40% quieter than a standard or normal disposer.
What we like
- The sensor automatically increases the motor torque by 500% when it finds any clog inside the garbage disposal.
- The unit covers 12 years of in-home warranty support.
- Auto-reverse grind system is a very innovative feature.
What we don’t like
- Operation is quiet but not silent. It does not create any loud noise. The sound is dependent upon what a user is putting inside the chamber for grinding. Suppose bones create a little sound other than that it is all good for use.
InSinkErator food waste disposal is running in the market for a very long time. They got experts and professionals authorization. The components used in the product are insulated so that it produces less sound while running. The unit is among the quietest garbage disposals that anyone can do conversation in the same room. The manufacturer has put a tight grip in its quality and functionality. It is among the top rated garbage disposals in the e-commerce websites. Professional plumbers recommend using this product.
What is a garbage disposal?
An electrically powered unit which shreds the food wastes into small particles and the particles get passed through the plumbing system can be defined as garbage disposal. It is installed mostly under the kitchen sink. People are eager to know how to use a garbage disposal in their homes. In the USA the use of garbage disposal is increasing day by day. A person named John Hammes invented the unit in 1927.
Some of the top brands of garbage disposals near me-
- Waste King
- General Electric
Which garbage disposal do I need? (Buying Guide-2019)
People consider several things while buying a garbage disposal. According to their situation, they choose the product for their kitchen usage. It is essential to find out the right disposal and then decide to buy. All garbage disposals which found in the market and e-commerce websites are not the same at all. They vary in price, performance, function, feature, benefits, and many more. There are many options available, but it may confuse an individual. So a buyer must verify the popular and top-rated units. In the article, we will discuss how to choose the right garbage disposal for your kitchen.
The article will give information about the best garbage disposal for regular use. We researched many websites and blogs to find out the quality and durable unit.
HOW NOISY ARE GARBAGE DISPOSALS?
Almost all garbage disposals create sound. Some models have a high level of noise, while others have a low level of noise. Some people may look for quiet disposal. In that case, the Insinkerator Evolution Excel is one of the quiet units in the market today. The model is also a bit expensive. Again, Waste King also makes insulated sound models like L-8000.
HOW MUCH FOOD WASTE DO YOU PRODUCE?
If your family or household makes a large volume of food scraps, then, in that case, the powerful garbage disposal is required. Again for a small number of food scraps, the mid-level powered garbage disposal is enough. So before buying a machine, an individual should determine how much waste his household is producing per day.
- Garbage disposal sink of 1/3 HP or ½ HP is more than enough for 1-3 people living in a small house.
- The ¾ HP is for families having 4-6 people.
- The motor of 1 HP is for a household of 7-9 people.
- 2 HP motor is powerful enough for more than 10 people.
How long does a typical garbage disposal last?
Many people ask us about how long do garbage disposals last. The average sized household can keep their garbage disposal working for 8 to 12 years in most cases. Sometimes it runs more than 12 years, and it may also run less than 12 years. The main thing is that the unit's longevity is dependent upon various factors like- how a user using the garbage disposal regularly or occasionally, frequency of usage, what types of food scraps are grinding in its chamber, maintenance, and some other factors. It is to be noted that a user should not give excess pressure in the unit by grinding bones, celery, or grease type items. Those things decrease lifespan and working capability.
HOW STRONG DO YOU WANT YOUR MOTOR?
Each has different taste regarding buying a garbage disposal. Lets us discuss the motor features of the garbage disposal and how it can impact your household for minimizing the food waste from the kitchen.
Disposal Grinding Horsepower
- 1/3rd Horsepower: The 1/3 HP models mostly used in small apartments. Its horsepower is one of the lowest in the garbage disposal sector. Less powerful motor units are also accessible in various parts of the world, including the USA.
- 1/2 Horsepower: In small households ½ HP motor is good enough to grind the food wastes. It needs extra care if you are using it regularly.
- 3/4th Horsepower: The engine is brilliant to grind all types of wastes, including solid and robust residues. Its models have unique features and more durability. The example of type as HP- Insinkerator 333.
- 1 Horsepower: It is an ideal machine for heavy tasks and regular usage. It has a powerful motor, high-quality blades, vast chambers, high performance, excellent design, and many more features.
People choice varies from person to person. You choose whatever you like for your kitchen. At present time brands like Insinkerator, Moen, and Waste King are manufacturing various types of advanced garbage disposals for home considering performance and budget of people.
Garbage Disposal Switches & Connections
Garbage disposal designed in such a way that anyone can do the plumbing activities like connections. If you see almost all unit have interlock system at the bottom of a sink standard drain outlet. You need adapters and connection kits. The kits also include hard wired or plugged into volt receptacle with power cord. T
he 120-volt box with three to the six-foot power cord connected to the drain pipe. You do not need to buy the volt receptacle and power cord if it provided with the whole garbage disposal package. It is wise to check the garbage disposal manufacturer website or e-commerce sites to find out whether the volt receptacle and power cord included with the package or not. Otherwise, you have to order it. In this way, a careful user can know how to use a garbage disposal?
Continuous feed garbage disposals come with switches. It may be either electrical, countertop air-pressure switches or wall mounted type. The electrical switches commonly found along with the backsplash near the sink. Air –pressure switches isolate the electrical power and systems away from the sink area. Thus it prevents the user from any electrical shocks. The connection remains stable because, in the air-pressure switch, there are no wires connected through the wall.
Batch-feed models start its operation when the food scraps inserted, and its drain plug turned. It does not require any switches.
Quiet Operation Garbage Disposals
Nowadays the manufacturers are making more quiet garbage disposals. It is improving day by day. Different technologies are used by the manufacturer to minimize the sound as much as possible. Sometimes specific types of sinks create vibration during operation of garbage disposal. It is essential to fit the unit properly in the right place.
WHAT SIZE SHOULD YOUR SINK GARBAGE DISPOSAL BE?
You have to take a handy tape measure device to find out how much space is available underneath the sink. Garbage disposal makes a bit of physical space. So the length, width, and height must be measured. Almost all powerful garbage disposals are substantial.
LEAKING GARBAGE DISPOSALS
A user can troubleshoot and detect the problem of leakage in their garbage disposal. It is essential to find out the leakage problem and solve it. A user does not need to replace the unit immediately to buy a new one.
The places where garbage disposal gets leak pointed below. We also mentioned what it requires to fix the problems effectively.
Leakage that happens from the top part of the garbage disposal
Plumber connects the garbage disposals to the sink with a flange and plumber's putty. Sometimes they use only, and sometimes they use plumber's putty. The seal gets broken after a specific time due to corrode and loosen. The leak also takes place when the disposal gets a hard hit. Any form of hard-hit relaxes the seal which has proved in the garbage disposals reviews. The hit can take place if plumbing work is done under the sink.
Solution and fix
The only way to fix is to re-seal the garbage disposal. Sealing of garbage disposals done by using the plumber's putty in most cases. In that case, the user or plumbers have to put out the old putty. At first, detach the garbage disposal and take off the old putty. Then they have to go to reseal. If the garbage disposal has used flange then, in that case, the spine needs to replaced. It requires replacing because the flange is tightened and compressed with screws. It is better to handle the replacement by an experienced plumber. It requires some extra work like removing and replacement of the drain pipes as well.
Leakage that happens from the bottom part of the garbage disposal
The leakage that occurs from the bottom of the garbage disposal is because of the busted seal inside of the unit. It leaks from the bottom, and there are drips from the bottom. Internals seals get loose over time.
Solution and fix
If your garbage disposal is leaking from the bottom, then, in that case, it is wise to buy a new one. If the warranty is still valid, then the situation is different. You can replace it with a new one. We all know that disposals are not expensive. They last for many years. It goes from five to ten years very easily. The costs are more to apart and fix the internal seal of the garbage disposal. The work of the seal is a bit complicated that leaks in the inner portion.
Leakage that happens from the side of the garbage disposal
Garbage disposals also get a leak from the drain lines. It is one of the commonplaces of leakage which has found in many kitchen sink review. In garbage disposal, there are two connections on the side. The smaller hose is the part where the dishwasher drains into the disposal. On the other hand, the larger pipe drains out the disposals to the sewer. The massive tube is found out lower down of the drain.
Solution and fix
The answer to the issue is to tighten and reseal the connections. Garbage disposal connected with the dishwasher with a metal clamp. The metal clamp can be stretched with a screwdriver to see if the leak gets stop or not. Again the mainline has a rubber gasket on the inside, and it also connected with screws. The user or plumber can tighten the screws to solve the issue. The issue may also happen because of the rubber gasket. Then in that situation, you can replace the rubber gasket.
The septic system of a house should maintain in the usual way. Correctly maintained septic tank systems work well with any garbage disposals.
The septic system is designed to dispose of the waste of kitchens and bathrooms. Many home's systems can handle disposals of the dishwasher, washing machine, toilets, and sinks. It is evident that a well-sized septic system is capable of handling garbage disposal also.
Different types of waste and water flow through the septic tank. The solids weigh more than water floats to the top of the tank. Oil and grease weigh more than water. They also float on the top of the tank. A fine layer of scum created when any solids consider more than water. The solids also sink to the bottom of the tank, which weighs more than water. Solid makes a layer of sludge. It increases gradually when there are more solids. The thickness of water flows from the tank & it goes between the scum and smudges smoothly. The water layers flow through one or two distribution boxes.
At last, it gets dispersed into the drain field of the tank. The dispersed occurs evenly. Soil and gravel are natural filters. People are using natural materials for a very long time to filter out the pollutants. Bacteria and other contaminants get filtered out by the help of soil and gravel.
Naturally occurring bacteria gets developed in the septic tank. They assist in decomposing the solid matter, but the bacteria cannot handle all the issues. To resolving all the problems, the septic tank requires draining from time to time. People drain the septic tank periodically. The tank requires periodical draining. Sludge is pumped to prevent the drain field from the overflow of the solid materials. The user pumps the mud from the system's tank.
Anti-jam technology found in the most popular and top quality garbage disposals. Higher-end models come with different types of anti-jam features. The garbage disposals get jammed because of excessive foods placed in the chamber for grinding. Hard foods also create a problem.
Some disposals have automatic reverse and jam sensor circuitry. Those features are very advanced in the world of garbage disposal. Automatic reverse and jam sensor circuit's senses the jam by the running of the motor. The motor signals the sensors when it bogs down and adjusts the torque to burst through the jam. A user can never find out the jam or looming of the jam because of the anti-jam technology and its features.
Warranties are different among the garbage disposal brands. The manufacturer’s warranties vary from model to model. In one word warranty of the product significantly varies from model to model and brand to brand.
There are many examples out there about the warranty. For instance- InSinkErator Evolution Excel model offers 7 years of warranty. Again InSinkErator Evolution Compact gives 4 years of warranty. It is to note that Evolution Excel is the flagship model of InSinkErator, and Evolution Compact is the product line-up of InSinkErator.
People ask questions about why the same brand offers different warranties in their product. The extended warranty is given because of the top level of materials and quality. Their durability is longer. Manufacturer calculates and adds the approximate value of repair or replacement cost of the extended warranty units to its selling price.
TWO BASIC TYPES OF GARBAGE DISPOSAL
In the market around the world and USA, there are two types of garbage disposal one is continuous feed and the other is batch feed. Both models are different in mechanics, price, and many other aspects. The information below will give you a clear idea of how exactly the types are different from one another. A buyer can decide what to choose.
Lets us go to the description right away to inspect which will be suitable for your kitchen disposal.
The continuous feed garbage disposal allows the user to fed them with waste continuously. A user can supply the waste continuously in this type of garbage disposal. You fed the waste till the motor is running and grinding. If you OFF the switch, it will stop to sharpen. In this way, a user can throw waste piece by piece from their garbage. User can also grind a large volume of waste after the meal. The model Insinkerator badger 500 is one of the examples of continuous feed garbage disposal.
The advantages and disadvantages of garbage disposal given below-
The activation system of batch-feed garbage disposal is different. The user has to turn ON the machine and fill its chamber for grinding of the wastes. It runs when the drain cover is in its place. The batch feed garbage disposals grind the food waste when the user puts the drain cover in its place. If any random thing or material falls inside the unit, then you can reach those using pliers or tongs.
The user does not need to keep the motor running for grinding. When you have a small pile of food waste, the collection was thrown into the unit and shred. After use, the unit is turned OFF. Water and energy also get saved by the batch feed type garbage disposals.
Lets us go through the advantages and disadvantages of the garbage disposals
All different types of garbage disposals are available in many e-commerce sites, including best buy. Their website has categorized under- best buy a garbage disposal.
DIRECT-WIRED VS. PLUG-IN
The garbage disposals nowadays are connected with the sink drain outlet. It connected to two components. Some models and brands have various connection kits and adapters available. The bags and adapters gave for a suitable purpose. The power cord plugged into the outlet. It powers the unit. If there is no outlet, the unit is direct-wired. Hard wired or direct-wired can be expensive.
A switch provided with the continuous feed model. It generally mounted on the wall. Air pressure switch also can be installed on the countertop of the kitchen or area. The air pressure switch is quite safer than the flip switches & it guards the user against shock. It isolates the electrical system away from the sink water source. There is less possibility of accidents.
Batch feed garbage disposals do not need any installations & it also does not require any switch. The electrician follows the safety codes and keeps the electrical switch far away.
An essential Questions You Need to Ask Yourself before Buying a Garbage Disposal
Q: Who makes the best garbage disposals?
Answer: InSinkErator, Waste King, Moen, Whirlpool, GE, and KitchenAid makes high quality and top garbage disposals.
- InSinkErator Evolution Compact allows handling a large number of food wastes.
- Waste King Legend series is durable and easy to install with excellent performance.
- KitchenAid Superba has unique technology and noise insulation system.
- InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control is one of the best batch feed food disposals in the market for its ¾ horsepower powerful motor.
- Moen GXS75C GX Series has excellent design internally and externally.
- InSinkErator 01100XL has the power to grind a large amount of food waste
- InSinkErator Badger 5 comes with great overall value.
- InSinkErator Evolution Excel is a premium unit.
Insinkerator evolution select has some outstanding models.
Q. How to Clean a Garbage Disposal?
Answer: You need a kitchen sponge and dish soap. The free materials are- baking soda and vinegar, ice, rock salt, bleach solution, and citrus peels.
Part 1-Cleaning the disposal with a soapy kitchen sponge
- You have to turn OFF the power.
- Scrub the baffle.
- Rinse the grinding chamber.
- At last clean the drain.
Part 2- Cleaning with baking soda and vinegar
- The user has to pour a ½ cup of baking soda and vinegar.
- The drain must be covered using sink stopper.
- Flush all the ingredients.
- If needed, you can repeat the process.
Part 3-Cleaning with ice and vinegar or rock salt
- Fill the unit with ice cubes.
- You have to put salt or vinegar.
- The sink food grinder is to run for some time.
Q. How to Repair a Clogged, Leaking, or Not Working Garbage Disposal?
Answer: Many people find it difficult to repair some fundamental problems of their garbage disposals. The manufacturer provides detailed information regarding it in their whole package; it also found in all models, including model 1 83 garbage disposal.
The ways of repairing the garbage disposals described below-
Unclog the garbage disposal
- The electric power switch must be shut off.
- If any object has cause clogged then, in that case, use a pair of pliers to remove the object.
- It takes some time to cool down the motor of the disposal. The users have to wait till it cools down.
- When you see the problem is still there then put a long dowel or a wooden spoon into the drain opening. You have to push it in back and forth.
- Never put the hand inside the chamber.
- You have to wait until the unit gets cool down and now it is cleaned.
Fixing leaks of the garbage disposal
- The user has to locate the leakage of their garbage disposal unit.
- Using a dry rag, clean the space.
- Turn OFF the garbage disposal to find out the leakage. If the user finds leaks in the drain pipe, then it is to be removed by the clamp.
- Again if the leak is going on from the fixture, there is a need for replacing the fixture.
- For any other issue, the user can seal the leakage or cracked area for further use. It is wise to replace the leakage portion or get a new one.
Garbage disposal which is not working
- Turn ON the reset button if it has stopped working.
- Unplug the garbage disposal by turning OFF the wall switch.
- You have to insert garbage disposal wrench. It is to enter into the center opening in the bottom portion.
- The jam is released using a plunger.
- Rotate the wrench. It removes all jams.
- Plug the garbage disposal.
- The reset button is to be turned ON.
- When the reset button is not functioning, then the circuit panel is to be opened. The user needs to detect the voltage of the wall switch. You have to use the detector to find out the electrical signal. If there is no sense of electricity, then it is to be replaced.
Q. How to Remove, Replace and Install a Garbage Disposal
Answer: The ways to remove the garbage disposal given below-
- The user has to turn OFF the power and switches.
- Beneath the sink and under the drain there is a large cylindrical object situated between the bottom of the drain and plumbing pipes. The user has to remove or replace it with a new one of similar model.
- The discharge tube must be disconnected by fastening the pipe connection site. It will help to pull out the tube.
- At the top part of the unit, there is a thin metal ring. The user has to hold the lugs of the metal ring with one hand and twist it. In this way, the disposal will be dislodged from the old unit.
- With the help of needle nose pliers, the wires of the disposal separated from the power supply. There is round or square faceplate on the underside of the garbage disposal or kitchen sink grinder. The user has to unscrew the faceplate and slip the copper ground wire over the green screw. The cables disconnected from the power supply.
The ways to replace the garbage disposal given below-
The existing mounting ring needs to be pulled off.
- Using a screwdriver, the circular plastic piece is to remove.
- A sink flange also removed by using a hand.
- The new sink flange installed by applying the plumber's putty or silicone sealant.
- The last step is to connect the new mounting assembly. A rubber gasket is a slide over the bottom of the new sink flange. Second metal flange and new mount ring are also screwed.
The primary way to install new garbage disposal given below-
- The user must secure the replacement disposal to the mounting ring by the help of a screwdriver.
- The electrical wires connected to the housing. The cables must be matched.
- The tube is to be aligned and fastened. The discharge tube reconnected.
- If needed, trim the discharge tube using a hacksaw.
- Water is run to check any leaks.
- Check the new disposal if it is running smoothly.
Q. How do garbage disposals work?
Answer: In the response, we will summarize about how does a garbage disposal work. The garbage disposal chews food scraps. It is run by an electric motor which is hard wired or plugged into volt box or receptacle. In the garbage disposal, there is a grinding chamber. Its shredding blades grind the food waste efficiently. Plate force the liquid, Impeller arm and particles to go down the drain of the kitchen sink disposals.
Q. Do garbage disposal blades wear out?
Answer: The blades of garbage disposal gets wear out faster if the user uses hard materials like chicken bones, coffee grounds, or any other items. Some popular brands like everbilt brand must be used properly so that its blade remains durable for a long time. Hard things are also challenging to drain down in the running process. Those sturdy materials make the edge weak and create jam inside the grinding chamber, and the unit also stops working smoothly.
Q. How expensive is it to replace a garbage disposal?
Answer: The replacement of garbage disposal depends on many issues. The overall cost depends on the garbage disposal model and plumbing cost. Aluminum disposals are less costly than stainless steel. If there are some extra features like noise reduction, power options, anti-jamming technology, then the garbage disposal prices also becomes high.
Q. Does a plumber or electrician install a garbage disposal?
Answer: Of course, a plumber or electrician is needed to install a garbage disposal. It also depends on what electrical issues are there in the system. A plumber can easily install new disposal if there is replacing of the existing unit because the electrical connections are the same. On the other hand, authorized plumber and electrician is must require when the disposal is different. Electrician or plumber installs the new disposal following different electrical connection than the old one.
Q. When should garbage disposal be replaced?
Answer: The cost to replace garbage disposal is not high at all. There are some points which a user can consider to replace their garbage disposal.
The steps pointed below-
- If water is leaking from the garbage disposal.
- The unit is not turning ON or becomes difficult to turn it ON.
- A strange noise is coming out of the unit.
- A common problem of bad smell.
- When the user frequently presses the reset button.
Q. Do you need to empty garbage disposal?
Answer: Yes, a user should empty garbage disposal. Empty garbage disposal will help to remove the blockages. The user keeps the switch off for cleaning the kitchen sink disposal. Salt or vinegar and ice are used to clean the grinders or blades. The drain pipe is to be kept empty for easy and quick cleaning. The drain plugged with a stopper, and the sink filled with water then add few drops of dish detergent. In this way, the water gets drained by keeping the disposal running.
Q. Do plumbers fix garbage disposals?
Answer: Yes, plumbers fix garbage disposals. They can fix any issues regarding of any brand, models and also esteem grinder garbage disposals. A small electric motor powers almost all units. It may seem like garbage disposals can eat anything, but it is not true always. Sometimes the best-rated garbage disposals can cause indigestion in their system. We should avoid feeding the items like grease, fats, oils, paper, wood, pulp materials, fat foods, hard foods, skin, bones, meat, lard, banana peels, celery and some other. The user should not panic if their disposal stops working. Many problems are minor, and it can be repaired very quickly by a professional plumber.
Q. What should you not put down a garbage disposal?
Answer: The following things you should never put down in garbage disposal pointed below-
- Large or hard food items
- Grease, fats, and oils
- Pulpy materials like paper or wood
- Meat, skin, bones, and lard
- Fibrous foods like celery and banana peels
- Apple seeds or peach pits
- Coconut shells and pineapple shoots
Q. What do I need to install a garbage disposal?
Answer: It is a more straightforward project to install a garbage disposal if you are an experienced user. Many users know how to choose garbage disposal but do not know the first way of the installation process. The necessary tools needed before installing a garbage disposal. The materials required to install garbage disposal given below-
- 1-Quart Bucket
- Putty Knife
- Safety glasses
- Garbage Disposal
- Plumbers Putty
Note: A user has to research the manual of the model and brand to find out its necessary installation process. It is easy to install InSinkErator and other brands as well under any sink.
Q. Can you burn out garbage disposal?
Answer: The garbage disposal can burn out for many reasons. The main reasons- food waste has been jammed, the stubborn object got stuck inside the chamber and many others. It overheats the motor. Burnt disposal is repairable. It is repaired at first by shutting off the power. The visible debris removed manually. Many top models like InSinkErator evolution supreme ss may also burn if it not handled properly.
Q. What causes the garbage disposal to leak from the bottom?
Answer: You have to check the leak from the bottom of the garbage disposal before buying a new unit. It's essential to double check if the leak is coming from the bottom of the garbage disposal. The internal seal can cause the hole at the bottom of the garbage disposal. The inner seal gets break down over time. Protective shell case makes issue after a specific time of use & it develops cracks in its body. As a result, the user needs new garbage disposal. Garbage disposal is not expensive. It lasts for an extended period. You can install using a professional or by yourself if you are an expert.
Q. Can you remove garbage disposal?
Answer: Yes, a garbage disposal can remove from anywhere at any time. In this answer, we will tell the most basic way of removing garbage disposal. If you hire a plumber, then you can remove the unit. You can also do the task by yourself. The user has to pay an extra amount of money for using a plumber also you can do the job and save the money. The removal process of the garbage disposal is very straightforward. By following some simple steps and using some tools, anyone can complete the task.
Q. Do garbage disposal blades get dull?
Answer: The food waste gets eliminated by the use of garbage disposal. The primary function of the blade is to grind and chop the food remnants into small pieces. It goes through the pipe & clogs are prevented by it. The edge gets dull after a specific time frame. They start to lose their functionality.
Q. How Are Garbage Disposal Units Environmentally Friendly?
Answer: Garbage disposal beats the trash. When a user uses a garbage disposal, the food scraps become small in bits which are easier to decompose. It is helpful for the soil and plant. It is also a type of manure. The liquid and small particles of food waste made by the unit create bio gas. The bio-gas is needed to power electricity grids and as a natural fuel. Sewage treatment plants are getting high benefited by the kitchen sink garbage disposal wastes. Their business is developing and growing. The garbage disposal is cleaning the environment, atmosphere, and sewage treatment industry. It is green energy, and we can get rid of dangerous emissions.
WHAT IS THE BEST GARBAGE DISPOSAL BRAND?
InSinkErator, Whirlpool, KitchenAid, GE, and Waste King are popular brands in the USA. Those brands made a wide range of garbage disposals & the garbage disposal cost varies depending on features, technology, functionality, performance, and warranty.
InSinkErator brand makes different series and models of garbage disposals like. Their popular series are Evolution and Badger. A person named John Hammes founded the company in 1927. The location is in Racine, Wisconsin. They manufacture some of the best disposals in the world. Emerson Electric owns the brand. Some also named under Emerson garbage disposal.
Waste King has both residential and commercial type garbage disposals. They offer a wide range of models for different use. Warranty system of the brand is very standard. L-2600 garbage disposal is one of their accessible units. Many top quality models are available in best buy Fordham road.
KitchenAid brand provides both batch feed and continuous feed garbage disposals. They offer both residential and commercial settings. The brand came into existence in 1919. The KitchenAid Superba permanent feed garbage disposal is one of their high selling products. The brand praised in waste management reviews of many informative websites.
Whirlpool products of garbage disposal systems are very affordable. The model is a continuous feed food waste disposer. For small homes, the Whirlpool garbage disposal GC1000XE is an ideal unit.
General Electric (GE)
General Electric (GE) based on New York City in New York. Their garbage disposals are very praiseworthy. The customers like their motor power and durability of the unit.
In 1913 Kenmore brand was developed in the USA. They are new in the garbage disposal manufacturing sector. Kenmore garbage disposal reputation is growing day by day.
In the industry, American standard garbage disposal is a familiar unit in different parts of the US and all over the world. Their design of the product is user-friendly and pleasant. The price ranges are also very reasonable and budget-friendly.
Titan garbage disposal
Titan garbage disposal has a full section of residential garbage disposers. The unit easily installed as a mounting system, it protected by bio-shield technology and has balanced grinding system.
Barracuda garbage disposal
People can find the unit as barracuda garbage disposal at home improvement stores. Their disposals are cheap, and it is a private labeled brand.
American standard and 1250 has a high HP motor of 1.25 HP. It runs in about 2800 RPM. The unit has a well balanced grinding system with quiet operation.
Insinkerator vs. Waste King
The waste king vsinsinkerator is a bit complicated to differentiate. Both brands produce quality products. They have both similarities and differences.
WHAT PROBLEMS SHOULD YOU EXPECT?
Garbage disposals can create problems. They are very annoying. It is better to buy a beautiful unit. For various reasons, the disposal may start to make issues. So let us check what types of problems can arise-
Noise can occur when something is stuck. The issue mostly occurs in the low profile garbage disposal. It also happens when the parts move unsystematically. You have to take help from the plumber if there is nothing stuck inside. The professional plumber will reset and tune up the unit. Again, if the parts are old, then it is better to replace with a new one.
Humming noise means there is jam in the unit. In this case, you can try to fix it. The user put gloves in hand and turns off the unit. Then the blades are to be free from the disposal sink to find out jams.
Slow draining happens because of clogs. There may clog down the pipe. It is essential to clear the pipe by yourself if you are an experienced user or call a plumber for an inspection. The user can prevent clogging by being careful about what put inside the grinding chamber. It is wise not to settle-
- Fats And Oils
- Hard Foods
- Non-Food Items
- Large Amounts Of Anything
- Starchy/Stringy Vegetables
- Egg Shells
- Fruit Pits
INSTRUCTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS FROM DESIGNERS
Cold water is required to run the garbage disposal. They are built and designed to run with cold water. We should not forget about it. It is to be remembered by the user. Plate and impellers work smoothly with the help of water. It makes the system more active. Thus the food flows through the chamber and at last goes to the pipes.
The manufacturer of a kitchen garbage disposal knows every detail about their unit. They give the right recommendation to follow the steps on how to operate and how to maintain the machine.
Water is a vital part of the whole process for the operation of the product. The step by step instruction provided by the manufacturer pointed below-
Step 1- The user run the cold water
Step 2- Garbage disposal is turned ON
Step 3-Food scraps and waste inserted into the machine
Step 4-Slowly add the food waste
Step 5-grinding function is going-on
Step 6-When the grinding process is complete the garbage disposer is turned OFF
Step 7-Again the user must run water for a few seconds
Step 8-It cleans the drain line
Example: Insinkerator badger 900 instruction manual tells the details about it.
Things not to do with your garbage disposal
- Never pour grease and fat. They are harmful to the disposer. It dulls the unit.
- Never grind large amounts of scraps, especially eggshells, hard scraps, or fibrous items.
- When the process of grinding is going on, the user should not use hot water. Hot water is to be used only at the time of draining and between sessions.
- The user should never turn OFF the machine when the sound of motor and water is still coming.
New garbage disposal must maintain following a systematic process. If you are using the garbage disposal for a few months, then there is a high chance of food particles has been build up inside the grinding chamber. The stuck up food particles cause odor. The odor comes out from the sinkhole. Therefore, to maintain the garbage disposal sink, the user has to clean the internal part. Water and baking soda are a fundamental way to clean. It is common among the garbage disposal user. A manufacturer knows the suitable cleaning products for their units. They suggest the process of maintaining the unit.
The necessary process of maintaining the unit:
- The user has to place stopper.
- The sink filled with warm water.
- A ¼ cup of baking soda mixed with the water.
- In the last process, the disposer is turned ON, and the stopper removed.
- The stopper is to be removed immediately when the disposer is ON.
Tips- Occasionally hard materials like small bones or ice can be used to buff and clean the grinding chamber. Those materials will eliminate potential remains from the grind ring and impellers. Ice with water used for easy flushing of the remnants down the drain.
SO, at the end of this 17 best Garbage Disposal reviews we can say that; after researching, using & analyzing of these brands by our experts these are the top garbage disposal brands and models available in the market. At the same time, our team of experts found many great features of many models that gone be the finest one to serve your demand. In the meantime, these models of the garbage disposals can quickly troubleshoot them to resolve problems when they occur. Our team of experts also found that these models are cost-effective according to usability and can serve yearlong for your home.