Manual cleaning of plumbing pipes is difficult for many people. Reaching inside of the tube is impossible. Drain pipes are hard to reach for cleaning. Flushing of the drain is not that hard. There are steps to be followed carefully to flush drain and remove the bad odors or blockages in its internal system. The drain pipe cleaned by using vinegar, baking soda, soap, or different types of cleaning agent made for drain cleaning especially. People need to follow the techniques for maintaining a clean plumbing pipe. It will keep your kitchen and bathroom more usable and clean. so, it big question for homeowners How to Clean Plumbing Pipes easily.
A systematic method to remove the grease and protect the pipe system from it
- Two liters of water needs to be a rolling boil. Then measure two liters or eight cups of water. Pour water into the pot then put it on the stovetop. Water will start to bubble when the stove I turned in high mode. Kettle or electric water heater is also used to heat the water to make the high temperature.
- Dishwashing detergent is to add in the water. While the water boiling process is running, you have to combine three tablespoons of 44.36 ml of dishwashing detergent. Then you have to turn off the heat of stovetop. Pot of water is to lift carefully. Therefore, take the pot to the drain.
- Water poured down the drain. Using the hand efficiently tip the kettle or pot of water for draining. Plastic pipes cannot handle extreme hot water. So, it's better to allow the water to cool for five minutes and later pour that water down from the drain.
- Flush is the primary cleaning method. By using hot water, flush the drain as much as it is required. Start to flush from the faucet. After draining hot water, you should turn on the faucet. Highest heat from the tap will help for more washing of the plumbing pipe. Repeat the process if your drain is clogged and you have to remove the extra big grease.
An effective way of using different products for cleaning
The store sells various types of drain cleaner. You can purchase it from store or online. Using your knowledge and judging information from experts you decide to buy a drain cleaner. Popular choices are traditional cleaners, foaming cleansers and enzyme cleaners. It is to note that conventional and foaming cleansers contain complex chemicals. It may harm the environment in the long run. On the other hand, enzyme cleaners mostly made from natural ingredients.
You should read the instruction of the product given on the outer part of the packaging. There are different types of drain cleaners. It's the responsibility of the buyer to find out the right plumbing pipe cleaner. Instructions will guide the user how long it is to keep in the drain for cleansing and when to flush the filter.
- Enzyme cleaners are better to use with warm water. Too much hot water can ruin the usage of the product.
- There is no need to combine or use different products at a single time. Otherwise, it will develop toxic fumes. Use a particular product to get the right result.
The user has to pour the drain cleaner product down into its plumbing pipe. An appropriate amount of drain cleaner is to pour from the sink. You have to follow the directions given with the product. The solution of the product will slowly settle at the top of the pipe if the drain is clogged severely.
After putting the cleanser, you wait for some time following the direction of the product. Flush the cleaner down with warm or hot water when the waiting time is over.
- In every drain cleaner package, there are directions of using that particular product. So follow it carefully to get the optimal result.
Removing food obstructions with the help of the plunger
- You fill the sink up halfway with water after closing its drain. Filling the sink will create suction. Thus you push out the clogged dirt that is obstructing you. The plunger has to fully submerge with enough amount of water by filling the sink up about halfway.
- The plunger put in the water. You create a seal. Dip the plunger into the sink. By pressing down the plunger on the bottom part of the pan, it will remove the air from inside. If you have more than one tub, you put a rag in the other sink drain. In this way, there will be a closed seal.
- The straight handle will help to plunge up and down over the drain. Seal forces the water down the pipe. At last, the obstruction gets dislodged that clogged up your sink. (Keep a towel near you so that you can clean the spill of water)
- Hot water used for rinsing the drain. Running hot water from the faucet is also to be used for finishing the cleaning process. If there is no hot water in the faucet, you use the boiling water.
Use of snake for unclogging the hairy type complex dirt
- At first, remove the stopper or unscrew it from the drain. Tubs also have a plate under its faucet. In that case, you extract the overflow plate from the container and remove the drain. Clean the bottom part of the stopper as there is dirt or hair. Wipe it carefully and pull out the gunk and hair.
- In the second phase, you have to insert the snake down the plumbing pipe. Massive duty drain snake can be bought from the store. The user also can use the disposable snake that provided with plumbing pipe cleaners. If you purchased equipment from the hardware store n that case it most likely has a crank, you rotate it to feed the snake down the drain. Gas and electric powered commercial graded drain snakes can also rented from the hardware store.
- Snake is rotated to grab and pull out of the hair. It is to be scrapped at the side of the drain pipe when it reaches down the drain. You continue to rotate until the snake would not go further or breaks the clog through it. When the snake turns to rotate, it collects the clogged hair and cleans the pipe or drain from it.
- Slowly and steadily the user has to pull out the snake. It gets out easily. A residential grade drain snake generally removed by using the snake handle. As a result, the snake brings out hair that got stuck in the pipe.
- Check the drain by running hot water from the faucet. If the clogged hair cleared, then there is no need to repeat the process for cleaning the plumbing pipe.
In that article how to clean plumbing pipes? After researching and analyzing lot; our team of experts found some tools and easy techniques that helps you to clean your plumbing pipes as like a professional. So, we hope that, if you follow the techniques you can do your job easily and efficiently.